- Create a new disk using Virtual Disk Manager (in VirtualBox goto File -> Virtual Disk Manager)
- download System Rescue CD
- set your current VM to have the new disk image as it's second hard disk and the System Rescue CD iso file as it's CD
- boot the vm from the CD
- at the command prompt type startx
- when X Windows starts, type gparted in the terminal that is open on screen
- in gparted select the windows partition and choose copy
- select the second hard disk
- right click on the representation of the disk and click paste
- gparted will prompt you for the size of the disk, drag the slider to the max size
- click apply
- wait .......
- when it's done right click on the disk and choose Manage Flags, and select Boot
- exit gparted and power off the VM
- change the VM settings to only have one disk (the new bigger disk) and deselect the iso as the CD.
- boot the VM into your windows install on it's new bigger disk!
Time to resurrect this blog.
7 years ago